Simple things....
My daughter woke me up gently this morning and then brought me breakfast in bed. A bagel, toasted with cream cheese and a glass of milk. She didn't dare carry the coffee upstairs! :)
I was laying in my bed, appreciating the good lay in that I had had. It's getting cooler now where I live and there is wonderful north breeze blowing. Winter is coming...
I've got giardiniere to can and bread to bake. My husband brought me a proofing basket so that I can make my breads look even prettier. It wasn't something I asked him to bring me, just a sweet thing to do on his part.
The kittens are sweet and snuggly and wonderful. Revovering nicely from their spaying. We have a snug little house and a warm down blanket and happy kids and my network of friends is growing. Every meeting that I go to, I feel a little bit more "a part of".
I scheduled a trip home. My mom needs help and I want to see my Dad - he is not doing well and, while not FAILING, he is definitely FADING. So hard. And yet, I feel now that maybe I won't dissolve into a pool of nothing (or alcohol) when he dies. Maybe now I have some OTHER tools that I can use to get through it.
No real point here today, and certainly not a revelations kind of post. But sometimes it is the simple things, well noticed that make me feel the most content.
Thanks for a place to put this.
So very grateful for kids, ken, kittens, my husband, sobriety and fellowship.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment