Monday, June 21, 2010

Wow...things turn so quickly...

So, it's a good news/bad news thing today. On the job front, good news, I may have a chance at a pretty sizable promotion, we'll see...Bad news? Dad/Grampa is very sick - he's been diagnosed with MRSA. He's 87 and his system isn't really strong, so he may not make it through this one. That said, he's come through so many times before, you never can write the script, right? So, I'm hoping for the best (even as I am fearing the worst.)

You girls are doing just great and it's been a fun summer for you so far! You both got belt promotions with TaeKwonDo! Congratulations! You've been to the pool and played with lots of friends. Staying up late and catching fireflies in the evening - just being wonderful kids! E, you're getting ready to go to France with Papa alone for the first time. It will be strange to be going without me and Olivia, but I can't help thinking that you are so very lucky to be getting to travel alone with your Dad. This will stay with you always. Treasure it, no matter what happens!

Olivia, you & I will go to NC to visit other relatives, hopefully, depending on how Grampa does. This is such a hard time in your mom's life. Your grampa is such a good and honorable man and I've always loved him with all my heart. It's so hard to see him declining so slowly. I have a pit in my stomach these days, wondering when he will pass.

Doing my best to stay focused on the here and now and not "write the script". It's good to have that spiritual foundation that I've been working on for the last couple of years. Can't imagine going through this without it and I will always be grateful for it. Will write more later. Love, mom

No comments: